John Hawkins at Right Wing News did a survey of conservative bloggers to find out who was their favorite and least favorite candidates for the Republican Party in 2016.
1) Which of the following candidates would you most prefer to see as the GOP’s 2016 candidate?
1) Marco Rubio (FL Senator) 20.5% (16 votes)
2) Rand Paul (KY Senator) 14.1% (11 votes)
3) Scott Walker (WI Governor) 11.5% (9 votes)
4) Bobby Jindal (LA Gov) 9% (7 votes)
4) Paul Ryan (WI Congressman. VP candidate) 9% (7 votes)
6) Jeb Bush (Former Fl Governor) 6.4% (5 votes)
6) Sarah Palin (Former AL Governor. VP candidate) 6.4% (5 votes)
8) Mike Pence (IN Governor) 5.1% (4 votes)
9) Susana Martinez (NM Governor) 3.8% (3 votes)
10) Chris Christie (NJ Governor) 2.6% (2 votes)
John breaks the question down about ten different ways after that, but the top two consistently remain Marco Rubio and Rand Paul. For the record, I voted for Rand, even though he did come across as too cool for the room at FreePAC Dallas.
The least favorite candidates for bloggers?
3) If the list were narrowed down to the following 10 candidates, then which one would you **** LEAST LIKE **** to see as our 2016 nominee?
1) Chris Christie (NJ Governor) 32.5% (25 votes)
2) Jeb Bush (Former Fl Governor) 26% (20 votes)
3) Rand Paul (KY Senator) 14.3% (11 votes)
4) Scott Walker (WI Governor) 11.7% (9 votes)
5) Paul Ryan (WI Congressman. VP candidate) 5.2% (4 votes)
PS: As a side note, want to see something scary?
In 2008, the least wanted candidates for bloggers were…John McCain and Ron Paul.
In 2012, the least wanted candidates for bloggers were…Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.
So, if this holds up, the early front runners for 2016 are Chris Christie and Jeb Bush.
I’m pretty sure that would end in similar results as McCain and Romney.
What do you think?