---- Ready to combat Facebook's censorship? Click here to join the Grassfire Social network now! ----
UPDATE: List added below!
Today Barack Obama and Joe Biden chose to use an emotionally charged setting to announce plans for sweeping executive actions against the 2nd Amendment. The two surrounded themselves with children and planted families of victims in the audience of the press conference to make their announcement.
“The world has changed, and it’s demanding action”, said Joe Biden, before presenting Obama for the announcements on action. Obama then, oddly claimed there shouldn’t be division in wanting to protect our children. At this point we’re unaware of any organizations or blocks of Americans who do not wish to protect children, so the opening statement from Obama was a bit slanderous and based on assumption.
Clearly, emotion and subliminal assertions are at the base of this move by the White House. Protecting rights, which is at the core of Obama’s oath of office, took a back seat to emotion and subliminal assertions.
Obama then went in to his plan/proposed steps against the 2nd Amendment.
In summary (and we’ll very likely have much more news on this in the coming days, weeks and months):
- Universal background checks
- Restore ban on “assault” weapons and create 10 round limit on magazines
- Doctor initiated questioning on gun ownership
- CDC funding for gun violence research
- Significant increase n funding to hire more law authority ($4.5 BILLION into union friendly law enforcement environments)
At this point there is very little information available in regards to the 23 executive actions Obama signed as soon as the conference ended. Not much has been released as of the time of this post, and we’ll make it available as soon as we have it. We do know for certain, however, that 23 executive actions were signed by Obama immediately following the conference.
Speculation is high that Obama’s inner circle will now activate his campaign infrastructure “Organizing for America” to strong arm the House to enforce his actions against the 2nd Amendment. We’ll keep an eye on this as well.
UPDATE: The List
1. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system.
2. Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system.
3. Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
4. Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks.
5. Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
6. Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
7. Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign.
8. Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission).
9. Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
10. Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
11. Nominate an ATF director.
12. Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations.
13. Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime.
14. Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence.
15. Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies.
16. Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes.
17. Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities.
18. Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers.
19. Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education.
20. Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
21. Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
22. Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
23. Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health.
Latest posts by Eric Odom (see all)
- Beyond Belief: The Woman in This Interview May Soon be DNC Chairwoman (VIDEO) - January 17, 2017
- “Racist” Trump Supporters Join With Bill O’Reilly to Raise $500,000 for Historically Black College Marching Band to Play Inauguration - January 17, 2017
- INSANE: Rep. Maxine Waters Starts Impeachment Talk Around Donald Trump for THIS Reason? - January 17, 2017