Department of Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson speaking at the White House “Combating Violent Extremism” Summit February 2015:
“We in the administration and the government should give voice to the plight of Muslims living in this country and the discrimination that they face. And so I personally have committed to speak out about the situation that very often people in the Muslim community in this country face. The fact that there are 1.6 billion Muslims in the world and that the Islamic faith is one about peace and brotherhood.”
(Video at link)
“Peace and brotherhood” is written all over these religious bias hate crime stats which show that anti-Jewish incidents make up the vast majority.
The most current religious hate crime stats as compiled by the FBI (stats for 2014 and 2015 are not available at this time):
Religious bias 2013:
Hate crimes motivated by religious bias accounted for 1,163 offenses reported by law enforcement:
- 59.2 percent were anti-Jewish.
- 14.2 percent were anti-Islamic (Muslim).
- 6.4 percent were anti-Catholic.
- 4.4 percent were anti-multiple religions, group.
- 3.6 percent were anti-Protestant.
- 0.6 percent (7 offenses) were anti-Atheism/Agnosticism/etc.
- 11.6 percent were anti-other (unspecified) religion. (Based on Table 1.)
(Catholic and Protestant (Christian) 10%)
Religious bias 2012:
Of the 1,340 victims of an anti-religious hate crime:
- 62.4 percent were victims of an offender’s anti-Jewish bias.
- 11.6 percent were victims of an anti-Islamic bias.
- 7.5 percent were victims of a bias against groups of individuals of varying religions (anti-multiple religions, group).
- 6.4 percent were victims of an anti-Catholic bias.
- 2.6 percent were victims of an anti-Protestant bias.
- 0.9 percent were victims of an anti-Atheist/Agnostic bias.
- 8.6 percent were victims of a bias against other religions (anti-other religion). (Based on Table 1.)
(Catholic and Protestant (Christian) 9%)
I documented the FBI’s anti-religious hate crime stats for 2004-2009 here. Spoiler: Anti-Muslim hate crimes never made the top of the victim list. Not once.
In related news:
Anti-Semitic, Pro-Islamic State Graffiti Continues to Plague D.C.- Anti-Jewish incidents continue to spike across the globe –Washington Free Beacon