---- LibertyNEWS POLL: Are you glad Paul Ryan's Obamacare 2.0 failed? Click here to vote and see instant results! ----
As the Republican party claimed multiple historic wins during Tuesday’s election, so did the controversial drug marijuana.
While many Americans and law enforcement agencies remain opposed to legalization of cannabis for various reasons, voters in multiple states passed ballot measures bringing pot closer to national acceptance.
Here is the breakdown:
-Issue 6 passed legalizing the use of medicinal marijuana.
-Proposition 64 passed by a wide margin and legalized the recreational use of marijuana. California previously allowed the use of medicinal marijuana.
– Amendment 2 passed legalizing ‘physician-prescribed’ marijuana.
– Question 4 passed legalizing both medicinal marijuana and recreational marijuana for those at least 21 years of age.
– Initiative 182 passed legalizing the use of medicinal marijuana.
– Question 2 passed legalizing the recreational use of marijuana (one ounce or less) by adults 21 and over.
– Measure 5 passed legalizing the use of medicinal marijuana.
Currently, Question 1 in Maine has yet to be determined, it stands to legalize, regulate, and tax marijuana as an agricultural product.
Arizona’s Proposition 205 failed and stood to legalize marijuana for individuals older than 21 years of age.
Thoughts on these results? Let us know in the comment section below.