In a highly disturbing attempt to normalize the concept of teens having abortions, the magazine Teen Vogue recently published a gift-buying guide aiming to assist those who may be seeking to purchase a present for a friend that has recently had an abortion.
As if aborting your unborn child was an event worthy of celebration such as a birthday or anniversary, Teen Vogue published an article titled ‘What to Get a Friend Post-Abortion,’ featuring items such as the ‘F Uterus’ pin which showcases the silhouette of the reproductive organ flipping the bird and a Ruth Bader Ginsburg coloring book.
— Whitney Bell (@kiddbell_) February 9, 2017
“So your friend is about to have an abortion. Of course you want to be there for her, but you don’t know how. Look, making this decision is never simple, and having to make it as a teenager is more than a little terrifying.” The article begins before stating that making the decision to abort a child ‘shouldn’t have to be so scary.’
“The worst part of all this isn’t the procedure itself (which by the way is completely safe as long as you have access to a good clinic). The worst part is how you’re treated afterwards… She will need a ride, she will need a hug, and she will need you — not because the act itself is so terrible, but because sometimes the world can be.” The article further reads.
So what does Teen Vogue believe make great post-abortion gifts?
- The 90’s film ‘All I Wanna Do,’ which covers ‘real girl‘ issues such as bulimia, harassment, bullying, sex, etc.
- Thinx’ high wasted ‘period panties’ to manage the blood post-abortion.
- The book ‘Milk & Honey’ by Rupi Kaur which the author of the Teen Vogue article explains helped her come to terms with her own abortion.
- The ‘Angry Uterus’ heating pad by ‘Lady Bits Design’
- A ‘GRL PWR‘ ball cap
- The ‘F Uterus‘ shirt pin
- Signing up as an ‘Abortion Clinic Escort’ so that your friends never have to walk past those pesky pro-lifers alone when going to their future abortions.
- The ‘We Won’t Go Back‘ Needlepoint to remind your friend about all the women who have fought in favor of abortion.
- The RBG (Ruth Bader Ginsburg) Coloring Book which pays ‘homage’ to the ‘biggest champion’ of women’s rights.
- Last but not least, the article suggests to give your post-abortion friend chocolate.
Naturally, parents and many from within the pro-life community have come forward to voice their outrage of this attempt to normalize the murder of unborn children. One such pro-life group, the New Wave Feminists blasted Teen Vogue on social media in response to the article, calling the magazine’s refusal to acknowledge that abortion results in the death of a human-being ‘proudly sad.’
Here is what others have to say on social media:
Dear parents: Teen Vogue is giving your daughters advice about what to buy friends after an abortion https://t.co/FwFUqY7p3S
— Katie Pavlich (@KatiePavlich) February 12, 2017
— Julia (@JuliaGulia809) February 11, 2017
Get to your daughters before Teen Vogue. Post-abortive teens need serious help, not an "angry uterus" heating pad.
— Emily Jennings (@emilyejennings) February 11, 2017
— Corinne Clark (@corinnec) February 13, 2017
Thoughts on this? Let us know in the comment section below.