Authorities in the State of California have charged the father of a missing 5-year-old boy with murder after discovering ‘evidence‘ they say points foul-play.
Missing for roughly two-months after last being seen alive leaving Disneyland at 1am on April 21, Aramazd Andressian Jr. is believed to have been murdered by his father 35-year-old Aramazd Andressian Sr. according to prosecutors involved in the heartbreaking case.
Speaking on the matter during a press conference Monday, District Attorney Jackie Lacey explained that while the young boy’s body has yet to found, authorities now believe they uncovered enough evidence to charge Andressian Sr. with the murder of his son.
Stating that in addition to Andressian Sr.’s behavior following his son’s disappearance, they have “examined a number of important pieces of evidence” that support the theory the child was in fact murdered.
As reported by Fox News, in late April, the Santa Barbara County Sheriff’s found Andressian Sr. unconscious near Lake Cachuma in a car which had been doused in gasoline after he took a large amount of prescription medication.
After authorities located Andressian Sr. he was briefly held on $10 million bail in connection to the young boy’s disappearance, however, he was released after three days.
Crews will continue to search in Santa Barbara County for the boy’s body, according to officials there.
Investigators then uncovered more evidence after serving search warrants at the homes of Andressian and other relatives. Investigators “seized various items of evidence” at these places, Fox 11 reported.
Investigators also believe Andressian planned the murder and that the alleged motive stemmed from a tumultuous divorce between him and the boy’s mother, Los Angeles County sheriff’s Lt. Joe Mendoza said.
Mendoza added that Andressian’s actions after his son’s disappearance was suspicious. Andressian spent 47 days in Las Vegas after leaving Los Angeles, taking part in activities and “displaying mannerisms that weren’t consistent with a grieving parent.” He then attempted to change his appearance by shaving his beard and dying his beard, leading investigators to believe Andressian was trying to leave the country.
Authorities are currently offering a $30,000 reward for information that leads to the recovery of Andressian Jr.’s body.
Speaking on her son’s disappearance, Ana Estevez told media Monday that her “heart is shattered” and that she will miss her son “immensely each and every day.”
If convicted, Andressian Sr. faces up to 25 years in prison.